Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

hi guys new to site

Go down 
+4
Carol
Daisy
Firebird
adampc22
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-03

hi guys new to site Empty
PostSubject: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:52 pm

hi guys the names adam i from leeds west yorkshire england i am new to the site i have just started trying my hand at breeding zebra finches i have got a pair on eggs at the mo and i am a bag of nerves lol and i am also wanting to go into breeding java sparrows in the near futer i am also looking for breeders of finches in the yorkshire area enyway guys i look forward to talking to you all
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
hi guys new to site Stars1
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi Adam - welcome to the forum :hi:

I don't have any finches/sparrows/canaries yet but I know George on here does, I'm sure she'll be along soon to chat Zebbies with you. I hope in the not too distant future to have some myself, just got to magic the house bigger first! lol I bet you can't wait to see those little babies hatch - I'd be a wreck too - I'm not the most patient when it comes to that kind of thing either lol

Hope you enjoy your stay and I'll get in early with the picture begging if you have any wink
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:07 pm

thank you yeh there is about 7 days left before thay hatch she only laid 2 tho even tho i am shore i had seen 3 the fist time i checked but there is only 2 in there now
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:13 pm

She may well have eaten it if it wasn't fertile, they do sometimes confused

We have Tootsy (Mue) on here who lives your way - she is into the bigger parrots but she may well know of some finch breeders in your area...
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:19 pm

yeh i think that may have been the case that she ate it but she in looking after the 2 thats left well enuff she is on them most of the day and she swaps with the male at points to eat and have a drink then gets back on them and thay both in the nest at night the male is like clock work with his nest time since i have had him its 6pm to bed and out the nest at 8am lol apart from today he had a few more hours he woke up 11am i was shocked lol
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Awww I love the dedication these little birds have, George has a picture of about 7 finches all tucked up in the same nest.... George do you remember that picture? If you still have it would you post it in the Finchy section :prayers:

I've never heard of a Finch having a Sunday morning lie-in - thats a first for me! :lol1:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:34 pm

lol honest every day since i got that male he has woken up at 8am but today 11am honnest lol
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:45 pm

welcome good luck with the finch babies..... i dont know anything about them .......but hope it all goes well..... :hatching:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Daisy wrote:
welcome good luck with the finch babies..... i dont know anything about them .......but hope it all goes well..... :hatching:

thank you :fingerscrossed:
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Adam I don't doubt you one bit lol Birds amaze me - people don't give them the credit they deserve, people that don't let a bird into their lives don't know what they're missing boing
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:03 pm

Firebird wrote:
people that don't let a bird into their lives don't know what they're missing boing

so true
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi Adam welcome to Bird Paradise.
You are going to love everyone here and you are sooooooooooo right about your last comment.
Those people do NOT know what they are missing.
There is so much love and personality wrapped up in those tiny little bodies it warms anyone's heart just to be near them.

:hi:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:58 pm

:hi:
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Just out of noseyness Adam - how did you find the site? Google? Advert? Somewhere else? Just after a bit of feedback really :Bananadance2
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:11 pm

i found it on a top site list that i found on a site that hasent been acctive in years it seems
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:49 pm

LOL Hi`ya Adam!!! here we been chatting it up in PM & I missed this post! sheesh! Okay now that some sense is knocked into my skull! Bop we have Zebbies & they are on their 2nd clutch of eggs, I infact banded their two from last clutch..some pairs will have infertile eggs their first couple clutches if they are a young pair..I know ours did, nearly drove me mad..but once Zebbies get going good, they are like little guppies :lol1: , I will post some pictures of all our finches soon!! I gotta go take them first.. waiting ....heres the kicker here..our momma that raised the 2 bubs? shes layed eggs in her food dish of all things..so now I will have to go buy some covered dishes & try slipping the eggs before they hatch in a nest basket.. :fingerscrossed: the mom wont abandon the eggs..but theirs really no choice, as theirs no way she could successfully raise a lil family in that narrow cup nosepic george & wolverine has beautiful pics of their zebbies
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:14 pm

A BIG :hi: from me Adam, welcome to Bird Paradise, you have landed in a REAL good place.........got EVERYTHING crossed for your eggs

Might ...........WILL bloody fall over if I keep this up :narc:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:28 pm

thank u guys every time i go near the cage and thay fly out of the nest i have a heart attack lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi Adam!

Apologies for being slow to stop by and say hi! I'm always a bit slow of the mark with these things! :lol1: It's lovely to have you on the site and I'll look forward to chatting finches with you!

You couldn't of picked a better bird to start off with than zebbys, I love them! They're cheerful, easy to care for, hardy, and as Laurie said, they will breed so easily. I have two young birds that fledged recently, they're just starting to colour up now and they look so cute with their 'half markings'. And I have Javas too. full_of_it

What colour are your birds? Are they the normal grey variety or a mutation? I'm surprised no one's begged you for pictures yet! We're all pretty pro at begging! tongue
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Oh, and Deb, I shall go have a look for the nest picture right now!
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:35 pm

i look forward to talking to you about finches aswell the male is normal (as far as i know ) and the famale is all white apart from the stripe under her eye and 4 grey stripes on her tail feathers i dont no what the name of the mutation would be
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:36 pm

i have tryed to get pics for u guys but my camara isnt very good and thay freek when i go near the cage so i havent got eny good pics thay are all blurs lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Awwhh, they sound cute! I'm not great at mutations but I'd guess your hen is a chesnut flanked white. The males of the same colour have light brown spotty sides and pale cheek patches and bars on the chest and the hens are white but still with their markings - just very pale. I'm not sure I have a picture of mine but I'll go and google them and see if I can find an example for you! rub hands

Here's a pair!
hi guys new to site 0708115

And this is a really good picture of a hen which is what I'm imagining yours looks like??
hi guys new to site Cfw

I'd be interested to see what colour babies you get from your pair. I bet they'd be gorgeous!

Maybe try again with a picture when they're not sitting on eggs, I'd hate for them to abandon them cos I wanted a picture! hide
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:50 pm

the female looks just like that mayby even whiter i do have one pic of when i first got the but its not very good i will try and find it
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:56 pm

hi guys new to site Myzebs10

i am sorry about how bad that pic is it is useing my phone that was taken the day i got them. from range with a zoom so i didnt freek them out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi guys new to site
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next