Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

hi guys new to site

Go down 
+4
Carol
Daisy
Firebird
adampc22
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
George
George
hi guys new to site - Page 2 Stars1
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

hi guys new to site - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Oh that pictures fine! Hello birdys! Nice to meet you! :hi: :lol1:

I'd say, from that, the male is defo a normal and the hen's a chestnut flanked. The colour can vary a bit, some are really white with incredibly pale markings and some have grey colouring on their back. You can get pure white zebbys but they have no markings at all, even the males.

Do your birds have names?
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:05 pm

thank you for that complimant on that pic there names a papa finch and mama finch lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:09 pm

:narc: Love it! Hello Papa Finch and Mama Finch! tongue
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:10 pm

the hen has a nick name also when i am in the mood i call her big mama also lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Hehehe! Aww! Most of mine are nameless... until they have the cheek to crap on my hand or something and then they get called something rather unflattering! :lol1:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:16 pm

when i got some javas my fist pair are going to be called coffee and tea lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:32 pm

Awwhh! I think that's quite cute! I'm the worst at names! I've had so many birds now that I've run out! Are you planning on getting more birds soon?
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:33 pm

i want to but i carnt find eny zebra or java breeders near me
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Adam, thats a real cool pic from a moblie!.........I know my mob' has a camera, but can I find it when I WANT it!? :lol1:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:46 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:03 am

Do you have any pet shops near you? A lot of pet shops can order birds in but they'll charge quite a bit more than a breeder. My local pet shop went a bit bonkers over the winter and were trying to charge £35 a pair for zebs! astonished Funnily enough, the prices came down again pretty quickly! I'd expect to pay anything from £8-£14 for a pair of zebs from a pet shop. Show birds would be a bit more. I got a java for £12 the other day but they were listed as about £35 a pair (I forgot exactly how much now! Doh!).

They're definately cheaper from a breeder but the pet shops might be worth a try. Just look out for unhealthy looking birds or ones with particuly scaley legs (that mean's they're old!). Pet shops aren't known for looking after their livestock very well sometimes. nosepic
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:11 am

there is one near me but it £16 pound a pair of zebs and i havent seen zavas for sale in a long time that did have some hex grass finches for £65 a pair
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:16 am

Hmmm, I'd pass unless they're in particuly good condition/good colour mutations. I have some hecks finches, they're lovely little birds! Such clowns, always bobbing around and chattering. The last pair I got from a pet shop cost £40 though so I'd give them a miss at that price. Still, that might of been two years ago and I guess prices might have gone up for them. It's a shame you're so far away otherwise I'd try and breed some for you! angel
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:19 am

its a real shame there is nowere good round here pet wise tbh i wana try and find a breeding round here so i can get some more birds and try and get under the breeder wing as the old saying gos lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:26 am

That sounds like a plan to me! I have a few local breeders that I keep in touch with. It's always really helpful to have someone local to you who can help out with problems that might arise. Although the site is brilliant for advice and tips, there's nothing better than someone who really knows what they're talking about AND you can get them round to have a real good look too. jiggle
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:42 am

lets just hope there is a few members on this site from yorkshire that breed them or know somebody that breeds them :fingerscrossed:
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:59 am

There must be some about somewhere, it's just finding them that's the hard bit! I always thought there weren't any down here but it turns out there are loads! Maybe you could try an advert in the local paper or something? That's how I found most of the ones I know.
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:02 am

wanted finch breeder in the yorkshire area to be my mate (not in that way u got a dirty mind u have ) must like rainy days and warm beer

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:05 am

Hahahahah! I bet someone would reply! Especially if it was free warm beer! :lol1:

But in all seriousness, stick an ad in the local classifieds just saying something like "wanted, various finches, cash waiting" or something like that and get chatting to whoever might answer. I bet even if they're not to hot on having a chat, they might be able to refer you to a few more breeders.
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:10 am

its worth a shot i dont wana get thay meny birds to start with as i am broke so it would be sods law that 100 people will want to sell me birds and i wont be able to turn them down
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:11 am

:beer: my beer has GOT to be ICE cold woohoo norti
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:12 am

i have had american beer its 2 bloody cold my teeth carnt take it lollol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:16 am

american beers yucky LOL!! it may be cold & I LOVE THAT PART!! but I LOVE I MEAN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Dos Equis XX oy its a nummy mexican concoction & deliciouso!! mmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm!! cold dos equisxx squeeze of Lime & dash of salt OH MOMMA SITA! ats some good ch*t essay!! :aliendrool:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:37 pm

Bluebird morning guys i think i understood most of that piper i think lol

oh yeh the male woke up at his normal time today so i guess he was just haveing sunday lie-in lol i was like come on mate its a bank holiday have a few more hours but know he wanted to get busy eating singing and wakeing me and the hen up lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Good morning!! hehe glad you were able to understand it!! I did when it was still a thought process, its when it traveled from my brain to my hand as I was typing it that I had trouble waiting

Aww he was ready to start the work week eh?? hehe little bugger :chickie2:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi guys new to site   hi guys new to site - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi guys new to site
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next