Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tootsy
Tootsy
STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stars1
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BURGLERY FROM A BIRD-KEEPER IN CUMBRIA during the night of Thurs 9th April – Good Friday a.m.
These thieves used a pick axe, 8ft scaffold pole and other tools to smash their way through every bolt & padlock into every shed and store, including breaking into and ransacking a touring caravan. They then broke open all the Aviary doors & rifled nest boxes leaving their doors wide open (all eggs now abandoned) They terrorised the birds trying to catch them and what they couldn’t catch were allowed to escape, as they then opened all the main inside & outside Aviary doors and left them wide open. They took bags of seed, millet sprays + an open 5kg bag of hemp seed (with a Bennetts seed label). They took big & small wooden carry cages + big wire parrot cages + and old cat basket. These people need caught ~ the birds will be terrified and need to come home – please can you all keep a look out and report to this Number if you see or hear anything, no matter how big or small. If any of you go to Sales, please be aware both inside and also of people selling in the Car Parks (I have close-up Photos of every missing bird) Tel: 07711 763 019

GALAHS

BREEDING PAIR – HEN still in the middle of laying (swollen vent area) very worried about her!
a. HEN – Rosie: very deep pink on head and body + pink crest
silver ring 96T on LEFT Leg (have got FULL No.) Both birds had vent feathers trimmed in Feb.
b. COCKBIRD - Jim – bigger, more solid quality, tame bird - paler pink colour
- Orange Ring 1RP 96T on LEFT Leg ~ Sexed by Alan K. Jones 6.10.96

PATCH – 2year old home-bred hen. Purple Ring Left Leg PSUK-4-BJH-07

PERKY – 7yrs cock thin stainless steel closed ring ~ CC009 on LEFT Leg (Belgian bred)
DNA’d 2.8.2002 S42
MICROCHIPPED: I have the Certificate Petlog Tel: 0171 509 1234

AFRICAN GREY PET BIRD Hen – “Twizzle” – talks (With many identifiable sayings)
No rings but is microchipped (I Have Number)

CONURES (Green-cheeks) (2 Pairs)
Double-split red yellow-sided cock with Black ring GJC 07 P + No.
Cinnamon Hen with Blue ‘08 ring PSUK JW 08 P8 (she has flaky marks on her beak – photo available)
Double-split red yellow-sided ’08 cock with plain silver ring GJC 08 P + No. (friendly)
very red (esp. on cheeks/throat) yellow-sided Hen with Blue ‘08 ring PSUK JW 08 P5

ROSELLAS
Rubino Hen with BLACK ring P 07 BJH + No. on LEFT Leg and YELLOW split plastic ring RIGHT leg
Rubino Hen with BLACK ring P 07 BJH 9 on RIGHT leg
Normal Gold mantled Cockbird – no rings but has lost a couple of toes ends (have photos)
end of toe missing on left foot (uses it as a back claw – no nail)

KAKARIKIS
Cinnamon pied Hen with dark green ring on LEFT LEG BJH 05 size “N”? She has a “Crooked” toe on her RIGHT Back foot - the end inc. claw sticks up. (photo available). Head feathers look as if she’s just coming out of the moult.
Normal dark green/yellow pied cockbird orange split ring
Buttercup, dark-eyed Hen – Young with Blue ring 4 BJH 08 M ring LEFT leg

ROSA BOURKES
At least 12 Assorted Rubino (deep pink and yellow) and Lutino (yellow) cocks and hens
a lot will have 2008 blue rings with BJH 08 PSUK + Nos. - MOST have different coloured split rings on opp legs inc. green, lilac and black

BUDGIES
10 budgies inc. 2 lutino cocks, 1 lutino hen; a 26day old lutino chick taken out of nestbox not even fledged.
Green Spangles, Blues and recessive white pieds. All have BJH Closed rings – different colours from different years. Nestboxes pulled off the wall. Every Nestbox door opened and left open. These people are barbaric.

CANARIES
Not sure how many

Website www.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
lisamf
Chick
lisamf

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 2:22 pm

this is terrible, hope the birdies are found safe and returned home

and the theiving scum bags are caught
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Oh Mue this is awfull!!! I hope all birds are found, I don't know if it will help but i'm going to put your list up at our local tropical bird centre...........this makes me so flaming angry!! Those poor birds!!
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Bertyboo wrote:
Oh Mue this is awfull!!! I hope all birds are found, I don't know if it will help but i'm going to put your list up at our local tropical bird centre...........this makes me so flaming angry!! Those poor birds!!

Thanks, the more people that know about these birds the better. I posted this here from another site that I use but any help tracing them would surely be appreciated by their owner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Oh gosh, for a horrible minute I thought it was your birds that had been stolen Mue. :Bawling:

Regardless, that's an awful thing to happen to anyone! I doubt the birds will find their way to the island but I'll keep an eye out just in case. I really hope the thiefs get caught. I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to type a load of swear words!

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STOLEN BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1