Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

dealing with birds on eggs

Go down 
+3
George
Piper38
adampc22
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-03

dealing with birds on eggs Empty
PostSubject: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:09 am

hi guys my zebra finches are on there first cluch of eggs and i am a bag of nerves lol i mean its like it everytime thay get out of the nest i almost have heart attack do eny of you guys have this problem and what do u do to chill your self out should i take up yoga or start kniting ?
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
dealing with birds on eggs Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:45 am

start knitting & take up yoga :heart_fill_with_lov this will pass eventually for you..wtaching the birds like that is like waiting on a kettle of water to boil!! seems like it goes on forever...
My best advice to you? leave your birdies alone lol they will feed off your negative energy ...they are smart little devils & they sense EVERY single thing...when you relax, they relax...just make sure they have plenty of nutritious food & leave them alone as much as possible, they will do the rest LOL!!..trust me on this, I been where your at & when you are actively watching every move they make, it tends to always mess things up...leaving them their privacy is the best thing..read a book, watch a movie..anything but hovering over your fids LOL, their cooking their eggs & thats all that matters, the parents getting off the eggs is perfectly fine..they get up & go dip their breasts in water sometimes for moisture for the eggs, all that stuff happens in the wild..I can so sympathize with you!! I been their & it can be rough..after a few clutches of eggs you wont be like those so much LOL!! :Bravo:
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:46 am

lets hope so lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:49 am

LOL!!! trust me!! frustrated :narc: ive been like that more times that you can shake a stick at!! I can laugh now but omg!! after a few you learn that patients is the key..dont always mean they come easy
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:02 am

i think talking to u guys about it will lower the stress
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:35 am

:lol1: Laurie's right, the best thing you can possibly do is leave them to it! They do get off their eggs a bit, especially if you have them indoors and the tempratures nice and warm anyway. I'm sure they'll do fine! Zebbys are pro breeders! jiggle
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:38 am

its just i fell like the odds are not in my favour with there only being 2 eggs i do leave them alone tho for apart from when i giv them water and food and so on i just watch them from afar
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:45 am

Two eggs is good! I mean, it's obviously not very many but think of the extra attention the chicks will get from their parents. I had a nest of 12 zebby chicks (and oddly one hecks finch, I think a stray egg got in there!) and the parents really struggled to look after them all. I had to give them fresh egg food more or less every hour because they were getting through it so quick.

My most recent pair to nest only laid two eggs too. Both chicks are great big podgy things and are really good and healthy looking.

I bet the next time your pair breed, they'll lay more eggs. If they're young birds, this might be the first time they've ever bred so as long as they raise these two chicks, they'll of done a good job! Try not to worry, once the chicks are grown and feeding themselves you'll wonder what you were getting in such a flap for! :narc:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:47 am

it will be a hole new set of names to think of lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:16 am

our zebras layed 3 eggs last time & hatched 2 health babies & nowthat they fledged e hens back on eggs & of all places in a food cup nosepic
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

aww good luck with the eggs............clever little Zebra's :heart_fill_with_lov

What did you go for, knitting or yoga :lol1:

Piper38 wrote:
our zebras layed 3 eggs last time & hatched 2 health babies & nowthat they fledged e hens back on eggs & of all places in a food cup nosepic

LOL
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:58 pm

i whent for yoga and knitting
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Good plan LOL
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:08 pm

thay told me to find my shakras so i said i liv in a house not a shack
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:19 pm

LOL LOL
.................I had to google that, didn't have a diddly squat clue what it meant LOL
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:39 pm

:lol1:
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:26 am

Hi adam,
just been catching up on all the new posts and i would personally agree with the girls above. just let them get on with it. my zebs in the aviary are in a nice flock and this year seems to be a bonus one. have just doubled my bird count in a week from 20 to god know how many as they wont sit still and be counted. ( am hoping to catch george and repay her some birdies for lyra. lol) Think i average about 3-5 eggs in a nest
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:30 am

yeh i am trying to let them get on with it its just when i go in the cage to feed them ans so on i have a conery lol
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:33 am

Being a joiner how about turning your hand to making some bird toys to sell on Ebay - there is a SERIOUS lacking of good toys to buy in the UK! full_of_it
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:03 pm

wolverine wrote:
Hi adam,
just been catching up on all the new posts and i would personally agree with the girls above. just let them get on with it. my zebs in the aviary are in a nice flock and this year seems to be a bonus one. have just doubled my bird count in a week from 20 to god know how many as they wont sit still and be counted. ( am hoping to catch george and repay her some birdies for lyra. lol) Think i average about 3-5 eggs in a nest

Awwwhh! Thanks Paul! full_of_it I'm trying to get my kaks to breed again cos I know you want another hen for your other male but they're not having any of it at the moment! waiting
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Firebird wrote:
Being a joiner how about turning your hand to making some bird toys to sell on Ebay - there is a SERIOUS lacking of good toys to buy in the UK! full_of_it

if u want the toys to look like a stud wall or a window frame i can do that lol
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Stud wall, window frame..........ummmmmmm......... maybe on the BIG side :lol1:
Think small Cool

Debs is right! UK is SOoooooooo lacking in good toys Grrr
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:24 pm

nosepic Birdie toys would be easier to make than a stud wall, BUT HEY!! I HAVE A IDEA!!! :hearts: if you get bored you can come here & put up some stud walls rub hands hehehehe I could definitely put you to work!! boing
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:10 pm

Piper38 wrote:
nosepic Birdie toys would be easier to make than a stud wall, BUT HEY!! I HAVE A IDEA!!! :hearts: if you get bored you can come here & put up some stud walls rub hands hehehehe I could definitely put you to work!! boing

i dont know i am not very artistic
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:35 pm

:Babybird: you dont have to be! birds dont judge LOL! they just enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dealing with birds on eggs   dealing with birds on eggs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dealing with birds on eggs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next