Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

being awkward....gilbert and the greenies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Empty
PostSubject: being awkward....gilbert and the greenies   being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:03 pm

no thats not a song by some unheard of punk band.......!! :rocker2:

...... im having problems persuading them back in there cage when i let them out............. ive tried not letting them out for a few days...... that just makes them worse...... ive tried letting them out before i give them there salad n stuff thinking they will go back in for food....... that doesnt work...... confused ive tried herding them in...... that doesnt work...... the other day i even said thats it and got the net out....... only to be chasing them round like a f'ing mentalist for hours before giving up..... gilbert is the worsed and im sure he tells the girls not to go in :lol1: he will sit on top of the cage with it open but just not go in ......then if gem goes in he will sit there for ages then hop in the top and before i can get there ..... shes out .....its like a tag team....!!!!!!! :swear: yesterday they were out all day and i tried glaring at him.....talking nice.... talking nasty.....not talking at all.... ignoring them..... putting stuff in the cage ....its beginning to drive me bonkers frustrated i had to resort to turning the lights off the other night n waiting till he was asleep on top of the open cage then ninja stiking and pushing him in splat n quickly shutting the top...... but......... thats horrid and i dont want to hurt him or frighten him ...... im sure hes just lafing at me tongue

Last edited by Daisy on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Stars1
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: being awkward....gilbert and the greenies   being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Sounds to me like you've tried everything, I can't think of anything else confused

But I would love to be a fly on the wall when you do your Ninja Strike in the dark LOL LOL
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: being awkward....gilbert and the greenies   being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Its the only thing i can think of....... but i dont want to give him a heart attack....after.......erm....... i killed guy over the roads chicken last year ................. BY MISTAKE OF COURSE................ it decided to go to sleep in the hedge...:sleepingsmile: rather than the chicken house ....... so i picked it up and took it to the house . which has a lift up top.... so i opened the top and droped her in.......expecting her to flap a bit n land on the floor before going to roost on the perch.........but she didnt.....she just hit the floor.....flaped a bit..... n karked it affraid i felt sooooo crap.......i think she was asleep n i literally scared her to death confused1

i was told Gilbert was only 8 months old when i got him but when i got him home n had a good look his ring said 07 ...... so obviously not.....!!!! and i think hes spent all his life in an avery....... but hes even made Rosey a bit naughty..... n shes always been good....!!!! he loves to fly so much tho im now thinking maybe i need an avery ..................... Grrr
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: being awkward....gilbert and the greenies   being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Oh mercy Daisy that had me in fits of laughter LOL sorry your having such a headache with the devilish birdie, I think your right on the Aviary..unless you have had a handfed bub & trained it to step up or down, after hearing all the stories from Deb when she was here about the kaks energy levels & escapades! I sympathize c_laugh I would love to have some kaks, but to chase birds down, like that! its a PAIN! splat coffeespit I still cant stop chuckling at yer story!!! so sorry but its inevitable!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-11

PostSubject: Re: being awkward....gilbert and the greenies   being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 pm

i know what its like daisy.? boing I let mine out to clean the cage and they have finally learnt that the food is in the cage. thankfully they do go back in by themselves now. :parrotsmile:
saying that... the net does come out now and again and i end up chasin them for a bit?? frustrated lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: being awkward....gilbert and the greenies   being awkward....gilbert and the greenies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

being awkward....gilbert and the greenies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Bird Talk-
Jump to: