Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

My Chicks I been feeding!

Go down 
+2
Tootsy
Piper38
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Piper38
Laurie
My Chicks I been feeding! Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

My Chicks I been feeding! Empty
PostSubject: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:21 am

This is the batch that took up so much of my time when Debbie was here & kept e up nights lol...I sure wish I wouldnt have had babies when she came, we could have went & did loads more!!
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5615
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5616
heres a pineapple
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5617
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5618
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5619
heres "BUBBLES" Chantells baby bourkes shes claiming!!
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5620
heres the baby Red Bellie survivor!
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5621
My Chicks I been feeding! Img_5622
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:40 am

I know the feeling Laurie, I've had conures coming outa my ears this season :crazy: but am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Did you on ly get the one red belly then? I was wondering if those eggs hatched.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 am

LOL!! yeah the conures are keeping us busy for sure!!

The one Red Bellied baby is the only survivor out of 3 that hatched.. :Bawling: I hate working so hard to save something & then they dont survive..makes you feel inadequate at best!
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:55 am

I know that feeling too - that's why I warned you they were very hard to rear from the egg - I find it the same with all the poicephalus.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 1:31 pm

I talked to David (he is the one I was hatching & feeding them for) he just said if this one survives to pat myself on the back since its my first attempt with them, as he has had numerous losses & to just keep this baby as strong as I can as a pet for myself..you know I had planned to pair this bird up, but now? their is no way in hell I want to tempt fate like that LOL!! Ide rather feed anything other than these sensitive little things..number one I HATE TUBE FEEDING! they just dont get the enjoyment out of their food..I did try & give them a taste as I pulled the tube out Ide put just a dot on there tongues..but its not the same.. at least I have this little baby & he loves eating lol...I hope he stays strong! he is 2 & 1/2 weeks old. :prayers:
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:58 pm

awwww.... they all look soo sweet ....!!!! good luck with the little guy ..... im sure it will all be worth it...!!!
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 pm

Laurie, they are beautiful :heart_fill_with_lov

You obviously had your work cut out with them! and with Debs visiting you must have been running everwhere............with a smile on :running: where next, where next
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:11 pm

waiting I wish it were like that LMAO I had ZERO energy sleping every two hrs sucked the life out of me It wasnt this :running: it was more like this----------> :moe: :nap:
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:30 am

Look at the Pineapples all feathered up and beautiful now! The normals have grown so much too and Bubbles was just a blob when I left! :heart_fill_with_lov

How are the cinnies doing? Are they weaned yet? Did the one with the funny bum heal in the end?

The Red Belly is the one that hatched first isnt it? Named yet? :lol1:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:36 am

arent the Pineapples pretty little things? they are doing very well...the cinnies are weaned now & the pineapples should be LOL they literally climb out of the brooder by themselves so I do believe its time they go into a grown up birdie cage LMAO they enjoy that dang brooder though so much, its hilarious! the normals & pineapples are the sweetest of course lol the cinnies being the brats..the one cinnies bum is healing but still sore, weirdest thing isnt it? you seen I didnt do a dang thing & one day it was just their..its puzzled me big time..

the Red Bellied baby is needing a name yes, but!! Imkinda waiting to see first if its a boy or a girl lol..I love that lil bugger!
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:25 pm

You're all gunna shout at me for saying this now buuuutttt, that red bellied sure is an ugly looking thing! :lol1: Eeeeeee, baby birds! Weirdest looking things ever! Has he/she/it grown any more yet Laurie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Chicks I been feeding!   My Chicks I been feeding! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chicks I been feeding!
Page 1 of 1