Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

Anyone know about Senegals.....???

Go down 
+2
Bertyboo
Daisy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:02 pm

My boyfriends brother has one..... but it attacks his wife so doesnt come out of the cage very often and they have 2 young children ........ so we're thinking about having him....... my thinking is if he gets a bit more attention and let out regularly then he might be less grumpy n noisy........ any thoughts ???? :crazy:
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Stars1
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:36 pm

I think I'd be grumpy left in a cage without much attention :swear:
I hope you get him/her :Sunshine:

I'm sorry, I can't help you with senegals but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can help.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:24 pm

yeah..... id be grumpy too......... so we said we would have him......... not sure when yet ...... tho.......
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Daisy I have a Senegal called Rosie and they go stir crazy if they are left in their cage for only 1 day. They are very playful and have alot of energy that they need to get rid of. I think if you give him a regular routine, plenty of attention and play time - then he should settle down lovely for you... Senegals are normally very quiet so he's obviously not happy with something in his surrounding and home - I'm glad you agreed to have him, he will be much better in a more stable home. I'm excited for you and when I get back from Laurie's I'm only up the road so if you need anything then give me a shout full_of_it
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:23 pm

If he is an adult sennie then what you say often happens with adult males. I have one here wh is 9 years old (my own bred), he seems to hunt me out to have a chew of my flesh but while chasing me he does talk to me & blows kisses - so maybe he is just full of wild passion towards me :drool: :birdie:
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:22 pm

jiggle Thanks guys....... Debbie... i thought you had a senegal .........but im not very good at recognising different breeds yet...... :narc:

I found out a bit more about him............ he was originally owned by an old couple as part of a pair then the female .....and the old guy died...... not sure which order ...... and the old lady couldnt handle him so he was passed on to a friend of my boyfriends brother who had him for a few years .....(still with me???) Then after a few years he was passed on to my boyfriends brother.... who has had him for over 10 years .............. so he could be over 20 years old by now.......!!!

I found a webpage [url][/url]http://www3.upatsix.com/liz/articles/biting.html all makes sence .......

We wont be getting him for a week or so ..............so i have time to get prepaired lol.......lots of plasters :poke:
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Sounds like he's had quite a turbulant life! sad

I'm so glad you decided to have him jiggle .............looking forward to some pics Daisy
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:33 pm

oh he also got swiped by a cat n lost some tail feathers the other day ........... i want to go get him now....... oh n hes called Arney.... shoot dontknow
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

sad .............we wont be having him now........ had a text last night ............... and he died dontknow
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 pm

I just found this post as I came on here this morning!! im so terribly sorry Daisy :cry2: I hope this doesnt come across sounding too harsh, but if he was going to pass on, Im grateful he did it before you got him home & fell inlove with him.. hearthug huge hugs! the let down though from all the excitement of his pending arrival was harsh..

R.I.P little Arney!
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:17 pm

OH Daisy, I am so sorry to hear that sad

I just knew he would have been going to a good home with love, care and loads of attention.........again, I am so sorry Arnie passed away
My Berty was a kind of rescue, her previous owner could no longer cope with her, or got bored Grrr
She brought Berty to work and was offering her to anyone who would take her!! If there were no takers she was going to put Berty in a bird rescue place!!!.......................Well, thats how Berty came home lovey
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Why did he did he die????
Sounds to me like the poor little fella was far too traumatised by that bl**dy cat! Grrr Twisted Evil
Shock is the biggest killer of small birds in these situations.
I have no love nor liking for felines......................
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:09 pm

Thanks everyone ....... im not toooo upset ... just dissapointed cuz i wanted to try give him a bit of a better life.... and as im at home all day most days i could have given him the attention he needed........ he was on his way to the vet when he died as he was having breathing problems...... just wish i had mentioned having him a few months ago now.... id been thinking i should but didnt want to offend anyone... still at least he isnt suffering anymore
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 11:18 pm

Daisy at least your looking at this rationally...its sad what has happen to him, but like you said he isnt suffering no longer..its not so much the cats fault as it is the irresponsible owners..its just a shame all the way around... sad

if it was ment to happen Daisy it would have..blaming yourself for woulda, coulda, shoulda doesnt do any good, I know because I have wasted many hrs doing the same as you.."If only I had of acted sooner" blah its not worth it girl..that poor baby is in a better place now, feeling no pain what so ever!!
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:50 am

Tootsy wrote:
I have no love nor liking for felines......................

That's a bit harsh, but I understand where your coming from (kind of) I have two 'Felines' Arnie and Chloe and niether of them would harm Berty!
Arnie, Chloe and Berty have sorted out who's boss...............BERTY!

Maybe it depends on the owner of the 'Feline' Then I can understand your dislike of 'Felines'.............but don't be too judge mental, like us old humans we all have quirks
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:07 am

lots of bird owners hate cats kim, you have a well trained well loved cat, that knows the pecking order in your home lol..I had Malachi & he actually opened spiders cage once, released him, sat & watched him, patted his little head as if to say hello..& layed down rolling around like a fat cow watching spider play...mind you spider is a parrotlet..teensie tiny lil fella..

thing is a cat or dog that didnt mesh with my birds, would be rehomed..I think most of us feel that way..there is only 2 animals I dislike..snakes & spiders lol I have had several cats with birds...the minute they show aggression of any sort towards the birds they are history..not meaning I kill them hide I just rehome them to a home with no birds.
But I love cats & always will love cats..some just dislike them...for those that put their cats outside, those that dont take notice to warnings signs THEY are the ones that need there A$$`s kicked ..no one can say you cant take a feline or persay a bird dog like my daisy & make them a bird lover...Debbie can now attest to that fact..

I think sometimes we speak rashly & too hastly & may infact offend those of us that have beloved cats & dogs without intentionally trying too.. hide
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:12 am

Kim makes a good point, some cats are ok, and they can be taught what's right and wrong and a lot is based on the owner. Like, that they never leave their cat unattended with the bird and whatnot. Personally, I don't like cats much at all either. But I think that's inbuilt in me as for as long as I can remember my parents have been anti-cats (and my goodness, they really are ANTI! :lol1: ). All of my neighbours have cats round here, and as Airbus learnt, they do go after birds, but it's in their nature. I was talking to Alan nextdoor the other day - Catch had paid him and his kids a little visit! and he was saying how he'd be so gutted if his cats attacked my pigeons. It's a risk sometimes, but I know the cats are there and I wouldn't dream of having a go at Alan if his cats did catch one of my pigeons (well, unless maybe it was Catch in which case the cat might get a good kicking if I got hold of it!). It's their natural thing.

And they're pretty good for cuddles. But I still don't like them much though! tongue
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 am

my parents were anti cat as well lol regardless I march to the beat of a different drummer & always have....what it boils down to is responsible pet ownership..cats are smart & can be taught but a stupid person cannot be taught $h*t!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Senegals.....???   Anyone know about Senegals.....??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know about Senegals.....???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Bird Talk-
Jump to: