Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!

Go down 
+4
lisamf
Bertyboo
Firebird
Piper38
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Piper38
Laurie
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Empty
PostSubject: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5410
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5411
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5412
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5413
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5414
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5415
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5416
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5417
Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Img_5418

It looks funky but they adored it!! it was fun watching them crawl all over on it!!
its off my curly willow limbs that were lost during theice storm!
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm

See now - you are much more creative than me, you will have to show me some tricks and tips!! It looks pretty amazing to me - and George and Cashew obviously think it's pretty amazing too by the looks of it!!! :Bravo:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm

:hearts: OH they loved it!! hehe THANK YOU!! , I will tell you though! first thing mikes gonna say when he sees it... waiting wheres the crap catcher? LOL!!

that part in the planning stages of my brain....& yes I will show you how to do all kinds of stuff with pleasure!! hehe
also planned to send you home with a curly willow stick to start your very own tree...they grow SO FAST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I mean fast fast! & there idiot proof LMAO

I figured send one for you & one or however many you want for george as well..if we cut them short enough the airlines wont say anything especially with the toys that will be mixed in LOL!
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:39 pm

The gym is the bestest :heart_fill_with_lov Clever girl!

Laurie, is it the same Willow we have here? cos if it isn't I wanna be on a list for a clipping..............................Debs rub hands
Back to top Go down
lisamf
Chick
lisamf

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 pm

that looks absoulutly brill for them, looks like they are really enjoying themselfs
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:36 pm

Hehehe, I was just reading Lauries post thinking why don't I get a tree clipping?? And then I read a bit furthur!! angel Thankies Laurie! If Deb can fit it in her suitcase it shall take pride of place outside my shed. My special tree all the way from America! full_of_it

I'm loving the gym - did you make it all yourself?! It looks great! And it'll stop you falling off the stairs!! crying_with_laughter
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:01 pm

:heart_fill_with_lov Thank you all!! yeah my birdies love there new gym & are yelling at me now because I dont have them on it LOL!!

Kim this Tree holds very specially meaning for me!! I planted it the year chantellw as 1 yrs old in oregon on our farm...I brought with me 2 sticks & placed in a 5 gallon bucket of water to get it to root & then slipped in the soil..it grew here to be approximately 25 feet or better & the ice storm knocked it down some, so I am re rooting more trees from it & yes Kim & George you would be amazed at how small the stick can be that groes into a well established tree your birds will love you for planting & EASY EASY to grow!! :Bravo: me & debs gonna take videos of things we are gonna do while shes here & post for you hehe I will video the tree THATS NOW MUTILATED but will recover :lol1:
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:05 pm

awwwwww thanks Laurie :heart_fill_with_lov especially as it means so much to you
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Now that is what I call an amazing gym.
Good work :Bravo:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:54 pm

:heart_fill_with_lov thank you Carol & Kim..

now im at odds with how to catch the poop nosepic
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:45 pm

shower curtains work well for drop sheets
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 pm

:Bravo: oh thank you! I just bought a new one too so that would work out perfect
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:36 pm

thats really inspired me to make more stuff for my birdies........... n that twisted willow is lovely........ think they have one next door lolololol......... or maybe i could make use of stuff i have........... theres a couple of didggerydoos standing in the corner doing nothing affraid
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Daisy im thrilled it has inspired you :Bravo: & if your neighbor has the curly willow, if I were you, ide go ask for as many cuttings as I could get & take yourself a big bucket of water & stick them in it..they will root enough to be planted within a short period of time & they grow extremely fast..the trees can be shaped quite lovely & the benefits is your birds get to enjoy the occasional clipping of limbs & you can enjoy the beauty of the trees!!

the rope I used is what I bought from a "Bird toy Supply" online..it has no oil in it zero treatments that are toxic..and I added bird toy blocks & wiffle balls...heck you could even add empty rice boxes or just food mix boxes as the birds do enjoy shredding them :Sunshine:
now what I used to hold the limbs together prior to wrapping with rope is Zip Ties, they work excellent..get needle nose pliers to pull the zip ties taught & then clip close! wrap & tie..I even braided some of the rope..they are loads of fun to make & our birds look forward to climbing around on it everyday..

Good luck in making one for yourself!! & dont forget to post pics of it if you do make one!! we can all gather ideas from each other!! boing
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:00 pm

yeah :) thanks for the tips...... ive made ropes before from garden string..... the sisle type ....... if you cut a log bit n twist it while 1 end is attached to something then hang something off the centre you can get out again..... ive used my keychain cuz it has a clip thing on...... then bring ends it twists up like a rope......all by its self :) YOu have to twist it loads tho and keep the string tight when you bring the ends together
you can do it several times to get a thick rope or twist several bitts together...... i dont think i explained that very well lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:08 pm

yes you explained it fine...Im just too lazy to make it LOL!! I buy it in rolls nosepic I do like making stuff for them to play on though..of all my gyms that ones used the most jiggle so many things that each of us knows, can be utilized by us all..we need to get a thread going on how to do this stuff like making the rope , step by step..that would be so cool!! boing
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:06 pm

we made a ladder from willow n home made rope................. discovered a quick way of twisting the garden string....... used the battery drill...... worked a treat....!!!

i peeped next door....... its not willow No its twisted pear...... bummer......!!!!
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:19 pm

how far away are you from Debbie "Firebird"??..if not far then I will send you a little stick to start your own tree with..they grow extremely fast & are easy keepers..
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 pm

jiggle oh thank you that would be fab .........!!!!! im not far from Debbie...... only bout 15 miles i would think... i have to go to dentist at Carterton cuz cant get one any closer...... wouldnt be a problem to pop over there.....

thanks sooo much full_of_it
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 am

hearthug my pleasure!!
Back to top Go down
Hannah is Bananas
Egg
Egg
Hannah is Bananas

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 am

That looks so cool and I'm new so........anyway good job!!!!!

P.S. what does LMAO mean?
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 am

Thanks Hannah!! welcome welcome welcome boing
LMAO= Laughing my ass off silly
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:18 am

:hi: Hannah and welcome jiggle

Glad you asked Laurie what LMAO meant...........been trying to figure it out for ages nosepic :lol1:
Back to top Go down
Hannah is Bananas
Egg
Egg
Hannah is Bananas

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:19 am

This site is full of nice people and thanx 4 telling me wat lmao meant i have been wondering 4 a long time
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 9:11 am

:Bananadance2 Your welcome LOL!

nosepic Ehhh Kim? what else dont you know that your hiding & waiting for someone to ask missy!! LOL this could get interesting c_laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!   Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look at our new six flags gym!! LOL!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Bird Photos-
Jump to: