Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

my new serama bantam chick

Go down 
+3
Bertyboo
George
wolverine
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-03-11

my new serama bantam chick Empty
PostSubject: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:37 pm

sarama chick
sarama chick
Here is (hopefully this time??) my new serama chick. its a noisy little sod but he/she is all alone at the mo as no others have hatched.
Back to top Go down
George
George
my new serama bantam chick Stars1
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! boing He's so cute!! Are the other eggs likely to hatch? I bet it'd be well fun having loads of them all running around together..... oooooooh, I so want one!! :love:
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:28 pm

I've been sitting here looking at those pics for ages........words fail me.....NOPE got my words back again...........gasp!........That first pic blew me away and I still keep taking a peep................and again lol
Absolutely amazing photos.................took my breath away
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:17 am

OMG! How precious is he? Oh, I want one so bad. I keep telling my hubby that I want some chickens around here. Then I get reminded of the dangers. Like this morning when my hubby had to chase some neighbors dogs off one of my cats. Hopefully the cat will be ok, but I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 2:22 am

AWWWW!!! how precious is that little fuzzy wuzzy!! :kissylips: I just love little chicks there so cute! :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:09 am

OH MY...how precious.
I have never seen one before and had to do a look up to see what this little guy is going to look like....JUST GORGEOUS :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Just a quick update on the chickee.
Has not looked good for a few days?? :cry: he?? has been sunbathin on his back under the heat bulb. not a strong chick until i just looked seconds ago and hes up runnin about like nothings happened?? :chickie:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 am

hide dont they just try your patients like little kids LOL!! when I first started raising my green cheeks omg I cant tell you how many times I would run to the brooder thinking astonished THERE DEAD! all lay on there backs spread eagle!!!! little monkeys! they know how to scare ya to death!! for sure..Im just happy to hear he was sun bathing & soaking in the rays instead of meeting his maker!! :spring: I want to see that one grownup!
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 am

here is geoff?? lolgeoff" border="0" alt=""/>
He is called Geoff as he really likes sitting on the toy giraffe in with him and geoff the giraffe sounds better. :lol1:geoff" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 am

oh my goodness! he is so cuuuute!! and i love the name! lovey

do they make good pets?
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:17 am

:heart_fill_with_lov ohhhh how adorable!! I wish I could get one ...love the name too!! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks. yes they are great little chickens. The serama`s are meant to be the smallest fowl in the world. The fully grown cock bird is not a lot bigger than a pigeon?? and the kak`s are noisier? lol
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 pm

awwww hes lovely i hope he does ok.... :chickie:
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 am

Geoff is still going strong people. will get some updated pics this week.... just thought i`d add here that my zebra finches have gone baby mad and i`ve just counted approx` 20-25 chicks in my main aviary?? lol luckily the 4 cockeral left today so have a free aviary to play with?? hhmmmmmmmmm!!! rub hands
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:26 am

Oh yeah... and i got 2 canaries nesting so am hoping for good thing from them. 4 beautiful blue speckled eggs at easter..?? :lol1:
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:17 pm

OMG! Those Finches have been busy :hatching: good job you've got some space to play with!

Can't wait to see those pics of Geoff rub hands
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:52 pm

astonished Wow, that's a lot of finches! I've had...... two. Not so extreme! But two is good because I really am running out of space! hide

Speaking of having a nice big avairy Paul... You got space for two diamond doves?? I had to bring mine in over winter because the canarys plucked all their back feathers off and it was like -6 outside. They're not happy in a cage at all. :cry2: No worries if not, the new shed should be up in the next couple of weeks (lots more space! Woooo!). rub hands
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:03 am

hi george,
sorry i have not been on lately.
I would have loved to board your doves for a bit but the zebra chick count just keeps going. Hopefully your big shed/aviary will be up soooon as i have doubled the amount of birds in my main aviary in about a week. even managed 2 benzine finch chicks. the baby zebs will be looking for a new home shortly if your new place looks a bit empty. lol
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:21 am

S'ok, the roof's on the new shed so just got to screw the floor down properly and get some avairy panels and we'll be all sorted! jiggle

Oooo, my budgies are on eggs if you want first dibs?? rub hands I dunno if they'll hatch or if any will be blue though! waiting
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:34 am

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees pleeeeeeeaassse.?lol
just dont let my other half find out. :crazy: have had a bit of a rat problem lately so am super rat proofinf my aviarys. haven't converted the smaller aviary yet until i`m sure the rodents are out the way. ( bloody dirty things)
Sadly the canary eggs came to nothin. one hatched but didnt last more than afew days?????
the misses thinks that mice were gettin in and stealing some eggs and peeing on the others. this is why they didn't hatch??? have you heard of this before.?? I even had the serama bantam hatch 2 of her own eggs. they were beautiful but sadly both died after a few days. i left the mother too it but should have taken them indoors as soon as possible?? ( oh well! we live and learn)
You bbeen to flamingo park yet?? lol keep ttrying to go but thing keep getting in the way ?
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Cool, I'll keep you updated on budgies! I actually put the nest box in thinking I might breed the kaks but the budgies stole the box :lol1: I've never bred budgies before so I don't know how they'll get on but the hens sitting tight though so hopefully they'll do ok! And I won't tell Anne! tongue

I had rats at the old house. Evil little f**kers! They'd tunnel in the avairy and catch the quails (and even a full grown kakariki once), chew they're heads off, pile them up and then just leave them for me to find in the morning. Just before we moved, it was getting to the point where I'd loose four or five birds a night so I kind of think it's a blessing we moved because I just couldn't get rid of them. I had every kind of poison going, Esther came round with her ferrets and sent them down the holes, I dug a trench round the avairy and lined it with lead sheeting and they chewed through it..... I HATE rats with a passion now. I didn't ever think I could hurt an animal but if I'd an air rifle in that house.... GRRRR! And they always seemed to catch the most expensive birds too. :swear:

I'd stick as much poison as you can get hold of around the garden and get rid of them as soon as you can! Put traps down, get a pest control man if you need to! I wouldn't of thought mouse pee would stop eggs hatching but if their is a mouse in there, it would probably scare the parents off the eggs and they'd get cold. Maybe that's what's happened? Although I should think if a mouse got in the nest, it would of eaten the eggs rather than left them there. confused I know in my avairy, the rats would climb up the wire and all along the perches and stuff so maybe the birds have heard the noise in the night and left their nests and they've got cold?? Ok, rat-rant over! hide

Sorry to hear about the bantam chicks, I bet that was gutting. It always seems especially sad when it's something that cute. But maybe that's just me being a girl! Still, it's good to know that Mrs Bantam can hatch her own eggs. Maybe when the weather warms up she might do better.

Yeah I went to Flamingo Park on the weekend it opened - they have otters this year! jiggle And there seem to be a lot more birds in the tropical house now. I put some pictures on the site somewhere, I can't think for the life of me where though! :lol1: If you get a chance, definately go!! rub hands
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Oh, I should of said, Debbie and Kim and I are planning a BP mini meet to Flamingo Park if you want to come with us?? full_of_it No idea when yet though, I'm hoping to get the shed sorted first so I can show them! rub hands
Back to top Go down
Tel
Chick
Tel

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:48 pm

omg how gorgeous bless
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chick
wolverine

Male

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:48 am

cheers tel.?
Geoff has finally gone to his new home. i took some ppics before he went so dont worry ladies. will get them on soon as i get time.
I know what you mean about the rats george. i started with button quails and they went through over 30 in one night.?? i was devestated. ( and i got an air rifle too hahaha) learnt that concrete and wire is the best for keeping them out but the mice can fit through most aviary wire.
would love to get down flamingo park. i havent been since the first year they opend the hot house bit. there was no birds in it then.
The canarys are starting again so fingers crossed for them this time. took a lot of unfertile bezine eggs out of the aviary and they have just gone stright back too it?? lol
let me know about the trip. prob easier on facebook too as i get on there more often>?
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:54 pm

Awwwhh! Geoff has a home! :Bravo: That's good news! The hotel next door still hasn't got anything in their chicken coop thingy. I wish they'd hurry up cos I want to hop over the fence and steal them! :lol1:

The rats killed 30?? In one night?? Urgh! Now I hate them even more! Bop I'll definately let you know about the flamingo park trip, it will happen somewhen but me being me, I've been utterly rubbish with the organising! :lol1: I'll catch you on facebook when I have some more definate plans! rub hands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my new serama bantam chick   my new serama bantam chick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my new serama bantam chick
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Baby Diaries-
Jump to: