Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

This is what I did yesterday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

This is what I did yesterday Empty
PostSubject: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Our parrot club had a booth at the exotic and reptile expo.
We were there to give people a little education on the care of parrots...a little education before being owned by one of our wonderful feathered babies.
Here's a little slide show for you all to enjoy.
This is what I did yesterday Th_amazon
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
This is what I did yesterday Stars1
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:32 am

Carol!! What wonderful pictures and how wonderful of you to do something like that!! People do need educating before they take on such a huge commitment, especially when exotic birds are so readily available and shops/breeders will sell them to just about anyone! No

Your slide show is great and all of those happy faces - especially the younger ones!! I bet you all had a fab day! respect
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:42 am

Lovely pics Carol.
Hang on Deb I am one of the breeders & I don't sell to just anyone!!!! I always try to check people out to see if the bird will have a good home.
Shops on the other hand WILL send to anyone that flashes the £s at them and give them no advice whatsoever. Pets should never be sold in petshops in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 am

boing OH carol thank you for sharing this slideshow!! that little girl with the macaw cracked me up!! sh elooked adorable..brave lil thing having that big ole birdie in her face like that!!

looks like youhad a blast & you looked lovely as usual in your pics as well lady Flowers
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am

Tootsy wrote:
Lovely pics Carol.
Hang on Deb I am one of the breeders & I don't sell to just anyone!!!! I always try to check people out to see if the bird will have a good home.
Shops on the other hand WILL send to anyone that flashes the £s at them and give them no advice whatsoever. Pets should never be sold in petshops in my opinion.

LOL Sorry Mue the last thing I wanted to do was offend you, I cant recommend you enough to people and think you are unique in the breeding world. You have to admit though that there are breeders out there with far less scruples than you, it's such a pity :cry: You're right too - it's about time our government banned the selling of birds in shops soapbox
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 pm

I knew what you ment debbie..we have one breeder here that brokers her very own ekkies to shop owners...its hard sometimes being a breeder & hearing people say things (makes you feel singled out & lumped in with them) even though I know how much you adore Mues babies & breeder ethics!!! hearthug hugs to you both!! your both great people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Carol, the slide show doesn't work when I click on it :cry: It's sure to be my laptop mucking about so I'll keep trying it... I really want to see the little girl with the macaw! :lol1:

I don't know about the pet shop debate - I agree that they shouldn't just sell to anyone and there should be checks made on the new owners to make sure they can cope... but I'd be screwed in the finch/canary department if I didn't have the pet shops. Now, parrots and bigger birds, I don't think should be kept in the pet shops as they get used to the constant attention or get stressed etc. My favourite pet shops will order in from breeders at request but they only stock a few tiels, budgies and finches. I think ordering them in is fine, but only if the new owner can be proved to be responsible etc.
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm

Piper38 wrote:
I knew what you ment debbie..we have one breeder here that brokers her very own ekkies to shop owners...its hard sometimes being a breeder & hearing people say things (makes you feel singled out & lumped in with them) even though I know how much you adore Mues babies & breeder ethics!!! hearthug hugs to you both!! your both great people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be picking up 2 of Mue's babies in the next week or so - yup, Tinks and the little Crimson are coming home, Mue said they will be packing their suitcases this weekend as long as the little crimson is eating well on her own :heart_fill_with_lov

I smacked myself on the hand for generalizing 'breeders' - I should not have generalized - especially when I am VERY lucky enough to have 2 wonderful breeders in my life!! I can understand how heart breaking it must be to be put into the same category as the breeders who just do it for profit, where money and not the bird's welfare matters
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 pm

OH MY GOSH IM gonna be droolin over pics of the crimson & tink!! Im anxious to one day have me a crimson..their simply gorgeous!

:kissylips: Im lucky to have you in my life my lovely!!
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:37 pm

Heeeeeeyyyy! What about me??

tongue
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:42 pm

:lol1: YOU YOU YOU YOU!!!! hearthug Little booger!! You TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 pm

full_of_it
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:46 pm

LOL Sorry Carol we have Hijacked your thread Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 pm

waiting we sure did dint we! oops!! SORRY CAROL!!!! hearthug
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 pm

No problem you can do anything you want with the thread :lol1:
George were you able to see the slide show?
Here's the little girl with the macaw
This is what I did yesterday Socializing2
And this is me falling in love with Goose the little quaker.
This is what I did yesterday Goosesleepy2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 pm

I just love how Goose is hiding under your hair!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:54 pm

She really needed a hiding place and I was more than happy to provide it :love:
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:59 pm

It'sO.K.Deb I forgive you :love:
I know what you meant & yes I do know there are breeders out there who are only interested in the sale of a bird for the money. Poor birds end up in terrible conditons sometimes.
See you soon. bananasplit
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 9:39 pm

That's why there were NO birds there for sale.
As the breeder in the club stated if he were to take any birds there it would defeat his purpose.
That being only people worthy of being owned by a parrot will ever get one from him wink

He is now working on me telling me I really NEED a Quaker crying_with_laughter
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 pm

Awwwwhh, I don't think you need just any quaker, I think you need Goose! :lol1: What a little sweety! Sometimes Catch gets in my hair like that but he doesn't fit so well! crying_with_laughter

And the little girl with the macaw.... Hahahahah!! Bless her! I can't work out if she's screaming in terror or laughing!

I still can't see the slide show on my laptop (it really is on it's last legs) but I'll hijack Dad's desktop when he gets off it and have a proper look full_of_it I wanna see what I'm missing out on!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks Carol, that worked! :heart_fill_with_lov It took a good ten minutes to load but I got there in the end full_of_it

Parrot club looks well fun, I wish there was something like that where I live. We have a cage bird club but they always meet on a thursday when I'm working :cry:

I love the tiny little lovebirds in the slide show. Sleepy bunch! :love:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 am

It was a long day for those birds.
The little ones just couldn't keep their eyes open any longer.
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:38 pm

:heart_fill_with_lov I wish we had something like that around here..I would adore playing with all those birds! its a way to escape the stresses of your life...
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:23 pm

I didn't take any of my own birds but I was there to help out with everyone elses.
It really was fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is what I did yesterday   This is what I did yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is what I did yesterday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Bird Photos-
Jump to: