Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

Handfeeding the bubbies!!

Go down 
+3
Firebird
Tootsy
Piper38
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Piper38
Laurie
Handfeeding the bubbies!! Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Handfeeding the bubbies!! Empty
PostSubject: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:09 am

Heres me hand feeding the two Cockatiel babies, Excuse my goofy voice LOL! I hate the way I sound & YES! I chew my nails..Bop

Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:28 am

Ah!! I remember it well!!
great work Laurie full_of_it
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:32 am

full_of_it Thank you Mue!! x
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Oh my word thats amazing!!! :heart_fill_with_lov When I went to Mue's with Harv I was gobsmacked at how much Tink ate, she was fit to burst lol :heart_fill_with_lov

Oh by the way - your voice doesnt sound goofy to me at all, everyone thinks they sound weird when they hear their own voices played back to them tongue <<<< I love that smiley!!! :Bananadance2
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 pm

:heart_fill_with_lov Thank you love!! I will tell ya, everytime I hear myself I cringe! but like you said we all think that of ourselves..can you believe I used to do fitness nutrition discussions on a stage with a microphone all alone LOL!! silly

I cant wait to make a video of these guys going to town as they grow up, you will laugh your butt off lol they bob that head so hard its unreal LOL!! cockatiels are a hoot! tongue I love this smiley too! it cracks me up!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Oh, how sweet! I miss having little bubs around her. Although I never had to feed from day 1. I don't know if I could have done that. lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 pm

frustrated when chantell first started learning to hand feed, she mixed the formula entirely too thick one time! well thats all it took..with babies this small its one part exact formula mix to 6 parts water & stirred & stirred because it thickens as it sits..well honestly I love my daughter so much, *shes my very heartbeat* BUT! I seriously wanted to beat her whip & then myself because all the while of her saying *I KNOW MOM!* I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MOM! ..didnt prepare her for watching me have to get my acidophilus powder & apple sauce out, feed a teenie bit! massage the crop & then eventually I had to end up going in the crop with my crop tube & drawing out the fluids that were shutting down the crop before it completely soured causing fermenting & infection..thats when I go into over drive..I didnt lose any babies BUT I was exhausted from hovering like a mother hen & massaging that crop..

these babies have been so simple...I just hope we dont lose power in this deep freeze were in at the moment, its 18 degrees & supposed to get down to the single digits..thats always a fear! its colddddddddddd here right now..
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:22 pm

I have been asked by Laurie to let you all know that the brooder which these 2 babies were in malfunctioned, overheated causing the death of these 2 precious lives. To say she is upset is rather an understatement. Laurie will be taking a few days break but will be back when she is ready, she had already lost the father of these babies recently too. All our love to you Laurie, please believe this was none of your doing although I know we all blame ourselves in these kinds of circumstances..... thinking of you :heartsmile:
Back to top Go down
PigginRescue
Egg
Egg

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Laurie, I am SO sorry to hear of your loss. It was unavoidable, and certainly not your fault. I do hope that you know we will all be thinking of you at this time. Sending hugs and condolences xxx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:10 pm

Laurie -- we love you and are here for you when you need us.
Back to top Go down
Tootsy
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Aw! Laurie, sorry to read that but it wasn't your fault - we all rely on machines and at the end of the day they will & DO clap out at times. I have a brooder on at the moment with 10 conure chicks in it & I am always wondering if something might happen while I'm out of the house - it's just a very sad mishap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:39 am

Laurie I wish there were words that would express to you how sorry I am.
Like everyone else I hope you don't feel it's your fault.
We are all here for you when you are ready hun.
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Oh Laurie, I'm so so sorry. As everyone else has said, it's not your fault, it was completely outside of your control. Everyone loves you, take your time Laurie (((Hugs)))xx
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:57 pm

sad Thank you everyone for all your kind words, you have no idea how much it means to me..these little ones that we take care of, raise,lavish all our hopes & love upon, guard to the death, they really worm their ways inside our very hearts & souls (some more than others) these little tiels ment allot to me! as Debbie said *I had lost the father & he was such a sweet bird, would constantly wolf whistle at me in the morning when I walked past his cage* I ached for these babies to survive, to say im upset is such an understatement! and at this time I know my plate was full, probably why I took it so hard..im currently nursing a pup back to health from aspirating amniotic fluids into her lungs, so my nerves were already set on edge with worry..this just took allot out of me...blame is a funny thing, no matter how often your told not to do it! we always place it squarely in our laps! its nice to know I have you guys here to console me in my loss! you guys are the best hearthug Thank You!
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Gah, I just wrote a big old note and the computer decided to disconnect me. Doh!

Anyway, try again, sorry I'm posting a bit late. Typical of me huh??

I'm sorry to hear about your babies Laurie. That sucks :cry: But as Mue said, it's not your fault at all. When I was keeping Catch warm on the cooker (high tech!) I always worried about his tin slipping and him getting baked. But these risks are ones you do have to take unfortunately. I hope things will look up soon and you know where I am if you need a chat :heart_fill_with_lov

Lots and lots and lots and lots of love! xxx
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:39 am

hearthug Thank you George!! Times a healer & I tend to try & slip my mind into other things to take up my mind..it may be a form of running away from things but its my way & you cant change a tigers stripes LOL! x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handfeeding the bubbies!!   Handfeeding the bubbies!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handfeeding the bubbies!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Baby Diaries-
Jump to: