Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

Share | 

HI, love the site

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shelster
Egg
Egg

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: HI, love the site   Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi Debbie, great site, love it. Will have to get some more pics of my kaks up here too now LOL
Hi everyone, I live in Truro, Cornwall and work in a veterinary practice. This is where I obtained my first Kakariki who was found outside a pub and brought into us. After numerous radio announcements to no avail I took "Kaka" home with me.
My husband has recently built a lovely new aviary for kaka to which I bought a pal for kaka called "Riki". I have introduced them both into the aviary and both birds appear to be doing well. jiggle
I have registered on this site to learn more about Kakarikis, as have found little modern literature available to buy on the bird. I used to own a hand reared cockatiel to which I had endless information on care, now I have a particular interest in Kakarikis, so look forward to learning from this website LOL
Good job on the design, and love the pumpkins too xx
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 pm

welcome Shelster to Bird Paradise! you have one of my favorite species of birds, but its been rather difficult for me to find me one for myself :( but I never give up!!! I look so forward to hearing all about kaka & Riki & seeing loads of pictures rub hands hint! hint! hehehe
I myself dont know anything about them but I know Debbie has kaks & so does george & I believe Simon & Joanne do as well, Suspect I hope I amnot forgetting anyone lol! I am so happy your here on our forum & between us all I`m sure we can scramble up as much information as possible boing I look forward to getting to know you & chatting it up about these gorgeous kaks of yours..just as a side not dont forget we have a chatbox at the bottom of the homepage silly

Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Tootsy
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Many years ago we used to breed kakies - lovely little chaps! We once had a normal green pair that hatched off 11 babies in one clutch and reared them all to weaning - Dad was exhausted feeding that many - poor boy.
They used to prefer to breed over the winter months and would be seen to having a bath in their water tray after breaking the ice first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Simon
Chick

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Hi shelster,welcome to the board,look forward to seeing some pics. welcome
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:14 pm

Hi Shelley glad you made it over, guys Shelley has a female yellow crowned kak and had been told that she shouldn't keep her with her normal cinnie pied red front. I'm sure after you see the birds on here, that even the most unusual species can get on well together - it all depends on the personality of the birds 😄

welcome Flowers

I cant decide whether I'm a good example or a horrible warning ;)
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie

Female

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:34 pm

You know, I tried to decipher some of this & thenmy head started aching LOL!! I am posting this link for you guys,check this out, these people are dedicated to kaks..Kakarikis.net I hope this helps you out! boing

Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim

Female
Number of posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Shelster :welcome:I know nothing about Kaks but I'm gonna look for your pics! 😄

I have taken a peek at Lauries site 😄 😄
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie

Female

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 pm

boing Oh good deal! I hope it was informational, I thought if nothing else you could ask questions & they could give you a accurate answer..much better than I Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Cara
Chick

Female
Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 pm

hi shelley welcome to the forum :) i'm sure i have read somewhere that your not breed them with each other so other than that i don't c a prob. think it was at kakariki.net :)
Back to top Go down
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:23 am

Hiya!

Welcome to the site! I keep and breed kakariki's, they're amazing little birds. By far and away my favourites! They have such little characters and they're always up to no good! lol! I think you've joined Debbie's site on facebook right?? I'm on there too! There are a lot of pictures of my birds on there, I need to get round to uploading them on here really but I've been stupidly busy the last few days - keep an eye out, I'll get round to it eventually!! Hopefully, if you have any questions, I should be able to help although I'm certainly not an expert Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: HI, love the site   

Back to top Go down

HI, love the site
Page 1 of 1