Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

Issue One!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
George
George
Issue One! Stars1
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Issue One! Empty
PostSubject: Issue One!   Issue One! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi everyone and welcome to the first ever Bird Paradise Newsletter!

I've finally got round to sitting down and writing it. waiting Sorry it's taken me so long - you all know how it is with busy bird tasks and the like! LOL! I have so much to fit in this newsletter that I'm not really sure where to start!

Firstly, I'd like to say a big WELCOME to all of you :hi: - Bird Paradise is a new site and we may be small but my gosh, do we ever like to chat! I'd just like to throw a special mention out there to our admins, Piper38 and Firebird - aka Laurie and Debbie - for doing such a good job bringing the site together. It's AWESOME! :heart_fill_with_lov And also to the rest of the staff, Bertyboo (Kim) and myself, George are moderators who rarely have anything better to do than chat about birds nosepic so feel free to come along and pick our brains. Also Tootsy (Mue) our resident advisor is a pro at bird advice. There's not a lot that lady doesn't know about all things feathery! And many thanks to Ben, our graphics expert, for designing the buttons and the staff avatar bars etc. The site looks awesome and you've really helped in that department! :Bravo:

So, in the last few months, the site's benefitted from loads of your stories and pictures. Keep them coming!

If you haven't already checked them out, be sure to look up...

Carol's gorgeous pictures of Jimmy, a personal favourite of mine, he's Bird of the Month this month! Well done Jimmy! The rest of Carol's flock are also equally beautiful and I just can never get over how colourful little Billy the lorikeet is. :hugehug:

We've also had a whole bunch of pictures of just about anything and everthing from Piper38. Go and check out the pictures of Gracie-May's puppies in the Dog Chat section :pup: and catch up with the story of Scarlet the eclectus parrot in the Eclectus Board.

Firebird - our Debbie! - went to visit Piper38 - our Laurie! - earlier in the year. Debbie had a wonderful time in Kentucky and there are videos of her feeding baby Beulah the Mitred Conure along with all the juicy gossip from the visit dotted around the site and yet more photo's of Laurie's gorgeous dogs. :parrotsmile:

Daisy has been keeping us all on our tiptoes with stories about her kakariki's attempts to breed. The little guys are trying so hard! Hopefully there'll be some baby kakariki's on the site in the near future... Daisy is also Member of the Month because she's enormous fun and very chatty so drop in and start up a conversation with her soon!
:flowers2:
Wolverine has been making us all jealous with his pictures of his adorable baby birds. Especially bantam chick Geoff. Never has anything been so cute! I'd recommend checking out his avairy photo's too - that's a happy bunch of birds if I've ever seen them! hearthug

I'm currently handrearing Monty, a little baby pigeon, and pictures of his progress can be found in the Baby Diaries section along with a whole host of other cute as a button babies. :nanababy:

There are also gorgeous pictures and a beautiful video Kim just posted of her daughter Lisa's little Toto. Adampc22 has been updating us on the progress of his Zebra finches. Stop by sometime Adam and give us another update! We've also benefitted from some beautiful lovebird pictures from Lutino as well as Yot's very cute video of a head-banging green cheek conure. Have a look! It's in Guest Nest's Welcome Board. There are Tel's gorgeous budgies lurking on the site somewhere too and be sure to look up posts from Cara, Joanne, Simon, Wafflesmum and Unclechicken - all proud kakariki owners. PigginRescue often has birds needing rehoming or helping out so if anyone can offer advice, please do so! I'm sure any help will be gratefully received. :parrot:

I wish I could mention everthing in here but there's just too much! It's definately worth popping online and having a good old rumage through the boards to see what you've missed! Don't forget to say hi whilst you're here!

Sadly, Rainbow Bridge has been seeing a lot of posts lately - much love and fond memories for dear little Robby, George, Kiwi, Merv, Bomber, Debbie Canary, Victor, Keeka, Chief, Billy and Caspa and little Cupcake. All gone but never forgotten. Rest in peace little furbits. angel

Lastly, I'd like to remind you all about the Bird Paradise Guru competitions - all good fun and there may be prizes! Bertyboo is our current Guru and we really need someone to knock her crown off because she's a right teachers pet! :poke:

I think that about wraps up the newsletter - appologies for anything I've missed out, there's just so much to talk about! Those of you who are less regular visitors, please do stop by and update us with your bird and pet happenings and for those of you that are regular visitors, I'll chat to you soon!

Keep on flappin'!! :friends:

George and the Bird Paradise Team.
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Issue One! Stars1
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Issue One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue One!   Issue One! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 pm

George, it's Absolutely Brilliant it rocks jiggle

Will someone please knock me off the flippin Guru perch............please pretty please wink :lol1:
Back to top Go down
George
George
Issue One! Stars1
George

Female

Issue One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue One!   Issue One! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:07 am

Thanks Kim! :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Issue One! Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Issue One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue One!   Issue One! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:32 am

:running: OH GEORGE!!!! BRAVO!!! You did a fantastic job!! *Take a Bow* :gogirl:

loved the bit about KIM! waiting she will one day will meet her match LOL!!!! :birdie: the rest of you just need to do yer homework!! crying_with_laughter Google works for everyone ya know!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ...hehe

Thanks so much for all your work on this George!! :Bravo:
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
George
George
Issue One! Stars1
George

Female

Issue One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue One!   Issue One! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 pm

You're welcome! Glad you liked it - I had a whole other bunch of stuff I wanted to put in but it would have gone on for 12 pages if I had! :lol1:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Issue One! Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Issue One! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue One!   Issue One! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 am

nosepic I know what you mean!
Back to top Go down