Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

full blown panic

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-05-03

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:44 pm

2 days or so to go till the eggs are due and one has gone missing again no sign of them no shell no yoke no enything down to just one egg now and thay are still siting on it
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
full blown panic Stars1
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Oh! I'm sorry to hear about the eggs, at least they are still sitting on one (not that that helps you at the mo'). I can't help you with this but I'm sure George or someone else will be on soon to advise you.
Back to top Go down
George
George
full blown panic Stars1
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Wow! That's pretty weird! You sure it's not just got underneath the nest material?
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:01 am

SOmetimes they eat them ALex, ours have, its common & they usually dont leave no trace behind ..you will encounter many pitfalls in the beginning of this birdie adventure lol, but in the end, you will be rewarded eventually..I suggest you start adding excess food stuffs..like freshly chopped hard boiled eggs with shells, freshly chopped up kale & romaine lettuce, birdie bread ect..even if they dont consume it all, birds are only preserving whats natural...if they think in their little birdie brains theirs a shortage that season, they will dispose of eggs or babies..its a common practice even with some parrot species, its why we start sticking all kinds of goodies in front of new parents..you will have quite a bit of food waste, but its well worth the effort in the beginning.. :hearts:
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 6:56 am

thay have lots of food seed egg food fresh greens so i hope its not lack of food as i woul not know what to give them thank u for the egg idea i will give them that i hope that last egg pulls threws
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 7:11 am

:prayers: I do too! my daughters first 3 clutches of finch eggs were duds, even though they had everything, it was the learning curve for them..and now they wont stop LOL!

its great your putting all that food in their, keep it up because even if this clutch dont hatch, it wont be but a blink probably & they will be right back in the nest with more eggs..after they raise one successful clutch they will probably be very active for you :Sunshine:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:30 pm

hi guys well thay chucked the last egg of of the nest this morning and it broke into bits so thats the end of that i was thinking give them a day then take all the old nest out and add new nesting stuff so thay can start over
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
full blown panic Stars1
Bertyboo

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:03 pm

Oh no! I had everything crossed for their last egg. I'm so sorry Adam.....Alex? is that your name??
Starting over seems like a good plan to me, they will nest again.

I'm sure Laurie or George will be on soon to give you GREAT advice.
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:11 pm

:cry: awww bummer!! that is a shame!! ....... I hate to say it but relax, your birds are normal, they will eventually kick in gear...patients is really the key here..because what you been feeding is everything they need, you might try staying away more...I dont bother my birds no more than feeding & cleaning is even cut way back to a minimum while nesting.. I dont wanna give them a reason to hop around & knock the eggs together.. Im sure they will go back to nest soon!! :fingerscrossed:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:22 pm

i have been keeping away from them as much as i can the only time i have been near then the last few weeks is to feed and water and so on should i change the old nest ?
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Bertyboo wrote:
Oh no! I had everything crossed for their last egg. I'm so sorry Adam.....Alex? is that your name??
Starting over seems like a good plan to me, they will nest again.

I'm sure Laurie or George will be on soon to give you GREAT advice.

lol its adam yeh lol were did alex come from ? lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:27 pm

if it dont loook dirty just leave it be, otherwise if its covered in poo, just clean that off , pull out the old nesting material & stuff some more in, I add some excess stuff at bottom so that they can line it..thats just me though..it just takes time for first timers!! :cry: they can make you pull your hair out at times, but eventually they will kick into gear..I raised loads of finches before my 19 yr old daughter was born & things havent changed at since then lol, my finches react the same wys, just quirky little buggers & once they get cozy in their surroundings & relax enough to settle, they will reproduce wonderfully for you ..no reason to doubt they will...just try & not pull your hair out in the mean time frustrated it can be frustrating!!
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:29 pm

so take out all the old nesting material ?
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:32 pm

if its clean then no if its dirty I would ..I try & keep the nesting areas clean
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:33 pm

yeh its is abit dirty in parts
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:36 pm

what type nests are you using? wicker or wooden boxes??
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:55 pm

wicker
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:04 pm

okay thats the nesting spot of preference here to among the finches, with the exception of our gouldians.. the way I wash my wicker nests, is pull out the nesting materials & then run the water full blast on hot & get as much of the loose material as you can & then get a bucket with hot soapy water & soak them until you can take an old tooth brush to them & then rinse & let air dry...their good as new then! & you can restuff with nesting materials :heart_fill_with_lov our finches act as though I have just added a brand new nest & they must check it out LOL! each one of my pairs have 2 nests to choose from..
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
full blown panic Stars1
Bertyboo

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:07 pm

adampc22 wrote:
lol its adam yeh lol were did alex come from ? lol

Laurie tongue 4th post down from top i think :lol1:
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:08 pm

i have just clean it and changed it now thay do seem to be checking it out lol the male is picking up new meterials but not puting it in yet
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:10 pm

lol oh woops sorry adam, I guess I messed up im sorry for calling you alex nosepic I dunno I guess I was out of it at the time...

okay here is my nests full blown panic 879
after several different kinds of nests these kind, the largest they make is what is chosen the most.. lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:13 pm

adampc22 wrote:
i have just clean it and changed it now thay do seem to be checking it out lol the male is picking up new meterials but not puting it in yet

:hearts: hehe see aren't they hilarious? clean them up & slip new ones in & their like WOWWWW!! a NEW NEST!!!! cracks me up lol you should see them when I clean 6 or more nests at a time lol I hang them from the outside of the cage to dry & the birds try & get to them behind the bars LOL
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:15 pm

yeh lol he is peched there with beak full of hey and that man made nesting stuff but he wont put it in yet lol
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
full blown panic Stars1
Piper38

Female

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:18 pm

I always pre stuff mine wih hay & then the soft fluffy stuff they have for finch nesting materials I let them line it..alot of people let the birds build their own I just hate the waste at the bottom under the cage grate lol
Back to top Go down
adampc22
Chick
adampc22

Male

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 7:20 pm

i have put loads in the nest but i have also put some at the botom of the cage so thay can add to it as thay wish lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

full blown panic Empty
PostSubject: Re: full blown panic   full blown panic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

full blown panic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Baby Diaries-
Jump to: