Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

Looking for Kakarikis....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Looking for Kakarikis.... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi im looking for Some Kakarikis at the moment id like a male cinimon to pair with my recently berieved female Rosey.... and a breading pair of the dark green native coloured ones........... if anyone can help or knows of good breeders...... id be really interested .......

Daisy X:)
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Looking for Kakarikis.... Stars1
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Daisy I got my little Kiwi from our local garden centre in Lechlade - she was a Cinnie and she was in with 2 pied birds - I have to go for bird food on Thursday so I will ask them where they get them from and if they can get anymore if you like?
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 pm

lol................... i got Phooey n Rosemary from our local garden center .......Lechlade.........HAHAHAHAHAH........ this time last year.....!!! they gave me the phone number of the guy they deal with as i was trying to find out more about rosemarys breeding cuz she is a bit oddly marked.... he was from some place called someone's(cant remember name) rodents.... n he tried telling me that female's were different colouerd to males n that was why rosemary was different colour......which is rubbish........ Last year they had a male buttercup 'out the back' i didnt see him but he was waiting for a female......... but we went over on saturday and they had none there...... :(
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:22 pm

LOL What a load of rubbish about the colouring - do they think we're idiots? Bop

I can believe you got your Rosey and Phooey from Lechlade!! We're nearly neighbours! Just to think - they could have been related to Kiwi astonished Do you go give Millie the 'Too a scratch when you go in - I love that bird, and want her so bad! lol
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Fledgling
Daisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:33 pm

yeah me too............. she had horrid dirty water on saturday n i felt sorry for her ....... she is lovely tho and she had a good old tickle from me
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 pm

I hate leaving her there - though she looks much better this year than last - did you see her plucking last year?? :(

You might want to try placing a wanted advert for a new male for Rosey - I can find loads of breeders in Wales but none round here. Try these 2...

http://birdtrek.co.uk/warp4/

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.listadverts/sec-Home+and+Family/cat-Pets+and+Livestock/subcat-Birds/5f22c108.html

You might find some local 'hobby' breeder that doesn't do it for a living, but might see your story and help out. Thats what happened when I couldn't find ANYWHERE that sold Budgies - I wont buy from Lechlade anymore as we lost 2 budgies within a month from there, and Kiwi died at just 2 years old. I put an advert on pre-loved to try and find my Spunky girl a new male, and I ended up in touch with a lovely lady from Solihull who's male had just lost his female.... Spunky is still living there now, happy as larry :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Kakarikis....   Looking for Kakarikis.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Kakarikis....
Page 1 of 1