Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Empty
PostSubject: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 am

some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Jimmyclose-1
some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Jimmyclose2

HI SUNNY
some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Jimmysunny

Sorry a little blurry but I was trying to get a good tail shot when he was flaring it
some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Jimmytail

His favorite nesting spot
some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Petehand

checking out who Jimmy was talking to ...Sunny and Benny were on the floor
some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Petejimmy-1
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:55 am

:kissylips: oh Jimmy & Pete your so gorgeous! ...that blue shadow on Jimmy is so beautiful & Pete! I just wanna cuddle him like a cloud! he looks like softness & Love rolled up in one!! of course :evil3: excpet for when he feels the urge to grrr
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:58 am

Most of the time Laurie Pete is a gentle giant, but he does have that devil in him that you mentioned...
When Benny came in the room I had the camera focused on him in one hand and Pete was laying on my other one.
In a split second he saw Benny's face in the camera viewer and attacked the camera.
I'm guessing it would not be a good thing to have Benny on the bed with us hide
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:02 am

:lol1: oh goodness he was gonna box benny good wasnt he?

Pete is a too & I have ALWAYS wanted one, for nothing more than the cuddle factor & cuteness..I would give anything if I could handle the noise..I have known several people that have had the sweet ones that arent loud at all & I am always amazed :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:07 am

Toos are smart and you can teach them that yelling will get them no where.
Pete still tries but he also knows what NO means and usually he stops.
If you are worried about the noise then it's one bird I would recommend that you didn't get though, that and an amazon.
Jimmy is actually worse, maybe not as loud but he can go on for hours without a break.
Some days I actually have to cover Jimmy.
I put the cover on the cage 5 minutes , take it off. If he starts up again I repeat until he realizes that yelling is making it get dark in here
:lol1:

Usually he starts about 4:30 every day but most days it stops after a few minutes.
It's just his way of telling me that my work day is over :lol1:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 am

lol I know what you mean about amazons we had one in Oregon, she had a fire engine & siren down to an art form :lol1: and she ha dmy name down as well..she yelled & screamedddddd my name when I wasnt in sight! I seriously one day & im saying ONE DAY! lol may end up with a too..but Ide definitely have to do some rearranging of my situation..
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:18 am

It's much better now that they have their own room.
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:00 am

yes I would imagine it would..I seriously cannot wait until Andre & Angel have there own room silly some days I feel like I could levitate from the stress those two have caused LOL!! & the sad part is..they werent even a tenth this bad before the Ice Storm! for what ever reason those two!! frustrated they go to cackling & yelling like banchies!
Back to top Go down
Bertyboo
Kim
Bertyboo

Female
Number of posts : 897
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Carol, I love Jimmy flaring his tail :heart_fill_with_lov and Pete's fav' nesting spot :lol1:

Piper38 wrote:
lol I seriously one day & im saying ONE DAY! lol may end up with a too..but Ide definitely have to do some rearranging of my situation..

Laurie, who doesn't want one! I know peolple make arrangements in their 'Will' because of a Too's life span but I know I couldn't cope with one outliving me and hoping it would get the same care.
I was in the local parrot center the other day and I watch this couple aged mid 20's buying a baby Too, and thinking yeah right! So how long are you gonna cope with this babe who is DEFFO gonna have an adolesence period and needs constant attention lol
Oops! got on my soap box blah but I have read far too many stories of people giving up on Too's and in a terible condition.

Sorry Carol, I went off on one :lol1: Pete has the bestest mum :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:25 am

awwwhh, they're both gorgeous as per usual! and where were you keeping sunny hidden hmmm? he looks like a sweet little woofer! :heart_fill_with_lov
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 am

Bertyboo wrote:
Carol, I love Jimmy flaring his tail :heart_fill_with_lov and Pete's fav' nesting spot :lol1:

Piper38 wrote:
lol I seriously one day & im saying ONE DAY! lol may end up with a too..but Ide definitely have to do some rearranging of my situation..

Laurie, who doesn't want one! I know peolple make arrangements in their 'Will' because of a Too's life span but I know I couldn't cope with one outliving me and hoping it would get the same care.
I was in the local parrot center the other day and I watch this couple aged mid 20's buying a baby Too, and thinking yeah right! So how long are you gonna cope with this babe who is DEFFO gonna have an adolesence period and needs constant attention lol
Oops! got on my soap box blah but I have read far too many stories of people giving up on Too's and in a terible condition.

Sorry Carol, I went off on one :lol1: Pete has the bestest mum :heart_fill_with_lov

Oh I know Kim, I totally know where your coming from,,its the lack of education! COCKATOOS 101 ..but Its not much different than raising a child, they need,love,discipline & structure..I have met some really cool umbrellas that were absolute angels..infact I just did when I took the birds in for there trims & exams..it was on consignment oh how I wish I had $1200.00 to pull out of my hip pocket! she would have came home with me..she was the only bird in the whole store that didnt make a single peep! when I held her she just layed her head down on my chest calmly taking everything in..being that she was on consignment they couldnt work with me on a payment plan otherwise Ide probably have done it LOL!!

so many people get these birds & fall for the adorable little face & then after a few days or a week get bored...thats where the problems start...that baby who loves & adores & warships its flock members..is abandoned! so it then resorts to screaming (which in its little mind is its call!!) its sad & pathetic & people that buy from pet stores ((meaning these big parrots)) they are gonna be given the car salesman pitch!! lol people that come here have to pass the George Test!! :evil3: If they cant handle a few nips & possibly a hefty bite!! then they arent getting a birdie lol rub hands

Those baby cockatoos need a structured well rounded environment & I dunno maybe a little umbrella will come along & end up right in my lap hide hey I can dream!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures   some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some Jimmy and a couple of Pete pictures
Page 1 of 1