Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

My Visit at the Pet Shop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Piper38
Laurie
My Visit at the Pet Shop Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

My Visit at the Pet Shop Empty
PostSubject: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:38 am

These were some of the gorgeous screamers at the pet shop...the Macaws were the screamers of course LOL!! big bird big voice box!! :lol1: the blue & gold was mean!! he grabbed Chantells hair & raked her scalp with both points on his beak ((liked to of scared the wee wee out of her))..the green wings nae is Popeye & he wanted to pop mine out LOL!! I was filling out my cards on my birds & he came within mere inches from grabbing my hand LOL! I just smiled & said nuh uh I dont think sooooo!! he just screamed at me...suppose thats why I went home with a migraine???
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4810
**Just so you know**-I dont condone feeding a Parrot Mountain Dew LOL even though George tries to sneak my Coke the brat! I dont feed it to him like this woman did this bird lol

these next pics you will see this turkey butt macaw sees me, then you can see the calculating look in his eyeballs LMAO he is coming right at me & as you will see I didnt move & once he reached me ..he just looked at me like MOVE DUMMY! IM A MACAW!! RAUR! :lol1:

My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4813
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4814
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4815
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4816
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4817
Here is a African Grey I would have loved to stuff in my bag on the way out lol..between that & a cockatoo that fell inlove with me..the cockatoo they wanted $1100.00 for her, she feather plucked & I mean adored me she layed her head down on my chest & purred, I was about to cry but who can pull that kind of money out their Hip pockets in these economic times???

My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4819
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4820
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4821
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4822
This last pic is of that same blue & gold.. confused I dont know why they allowed it to be out of its cage..it was very aggressive towards everyone..you can see how he was at the ready when anyone walked by him lol thats where you had to walk to take your birds back to Dr.Scott..

This is ME assisting Dr. Scott with Andes sexing-which Ande is a girl by the way lol Pam has her now..LONG story!!
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4823
My Visit at the Pet Shop Img_4824
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 am

I saw a Jimmy bird too :kissylips:

I'm with you NO sugar it's probably why they are acting funny, that and the fact they probably aren't handle as much as they should be.

Aren't Cockatoos the most cuddliest birds in the WORLD... :heart_fill_with_lov

But if you take on of those home, you will have lots more reason for those headaches...trust me on that one wink

You should have taken a backpack and stuck that grey in it...I'm sure you would have been home before they noticed :hiking:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:05 am

bad part is Carol... :cry: bad part is..those Macaws were rescues & the price tags were unbelievable..it irritates me bad carol..the cages they were in had crusted piled poop in the bottom..& im sorry I have issues with people taking rescues in pet shops & the price tags??? uh it rattles my cage.. Grrr to say the least
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:39 am

I'm afraid that the pet shops are only interested in the money.
they just don't have a clue to the birds needs.
I try to avoid pet shops that have birds at all, what I don't see won't upset me if you know what I mean.
It also looks as if they are being kept in dog crates which are not at all safe for birds.
There are way too many sad stories unfortunately
:cry:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 am

oh they are big on size, but construction was pathetic..they werent dog crates..but they could have passed as some..they were flimsy built, bad weld jobs on the bars for sure...I dont know how them big birds like that would stay in one..
thing that makes me mad,is they take birds in that have been abused, either hating everyone or a certain sex in particular...& turn them loose!! they could harm someone severely ..and two WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DUMPS THERE BIRDS AT A PET SHOP?????????????? I couldnt do it!!!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER!!! makes me tear up thinking about it!! :cry: they had baby green cheeks that hadnt been handled when they were brought in & I tried & tried to get this one baby to come near my hand, but it wouldnt..it was scared to death of me..they had it in with a sun conure..the poor baby!!
Back to top Go down
George
George
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:06 pm

I wouldn't of dared go near those macaws, I got bitten by one at flamingo park and I thought my fingers were going to fall off! :lol1:

In that last pic of the blue and gold: is that a wall mounted aquarium on the wall?? confused Now that's a weird idea if ever I've seen one!
Back to top Go down
Firebird
Deb
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Oh lordy - PET SHOPS - don't get me started :lol1:

Looks like they are trying to over compensate regular handling with feeding them naughty treats, yeah lets spoil them rotten with sugary drinks, that will help with any issues they have! Hmmmm!!! waiting

You've taken some great pics even if they were trying to attack you Laurie :lol1:

These are the moments when I wish money was no object - I would love for you to be able to take that Grey home - poor baby sad
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
Piper38

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:36 pm

George wrote:
I wouldn't of dared go near those macaws, I got bitten by one at flamingo park and I thought my fingers were going to fall off! :lol1:

In that last pic of the blue and gold: is that a wall mounted aquarium on the wall?? confused Now that's a weird idea if ever I've seen one!

LOL!! The blue & gold did grab chantells hair & scraped his beak down her scalp..boy did that make her shiver..he then dove at a 8 or 9 yr old boy..im sorry but I was watching & laying in wait for someone to get bit & at that point I wouldnt have been mad at the bird, but I would have tore me up some Ass`s that worked there!!! he tried so hard to attack anyone!! same with the other macaw..lol I was ready for him though I bugged my eyes out at him & growled & he backed WAY OFF!! LMAO little brat was trying sooo hard to bite me...

AND YES!!!! that is a walmaounted fish bowl george & WHY?? so HIGH!! how the heck or WHY the heck would you wanna have to get a ladder to just drop some fish flakes in their?? so dumb!!

OHHH & CORRECTION HERE!!!!!! ANDE is a BOY!!!!! HAHAHAHA Pam corrected me like DUHH you dipwad its a he!!! I guessed it actually correctly lmao..I dunno why I put a she down.. confused I was sleepy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Visit at the Pet Shop   My Visit at the Pet Shop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Visit at the Pet Shop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Bird Photos-
Jump to: