Bird Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird Paradise

From Amazons - Zebra Finches, we cater for every species here. We are your A - Z of birds.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  ***VOTE FOR BIRD PARADISE***  

My wonderful Day!

Go down 
+2
Carol
Tootsy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tootsy
Tootsy
My wonderful Day! Stars1
Tootsy

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-31

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:09 pm

Yesterday morning I did my rounds of the aviaries with food, rearing food etc. as usual. I was in rather a hurry as we were going to catch a local bus in a few minutes time. Because of this I didn't check my safety porch BEFORE opening the outer door
Needless to say my hen Australian Kings Parrot was hiding in an upper corner & as soon as she saw the sky - out she went - with me like a demented whining idiot calling to her. She circled the bungalow twice and then headed off for the town centre Shocked No No
I then proceeded to swear at myself, went indoors and left the house to catch the bus. On my return (mid afternoon) I phoned all the local vets, a local bird business and the police. Having tried the two local radio stations with no luck - one doesn't do lost & found anymore (swines!) and the other's switchboard was closed.
This morning I heard her mate in his aviary calling for her around 7am onwards - poor boy was very lonely. Tried phoning the remaining local radio station again but to no avail. Then - an anouncement came over the radio that someone only half mile away had her in his tree
Taking the cockbird in a cage with us we then spent the rest of the morning tailing her from that garden to the c hurchyard and back to the original garden again (there was wildbird food, fallen apples, bird feeders etc. there so she must have been hungry).
Eventually after placing an empty cage next to her mate's I managed to lure her with monkey nuts to the doorway and when she had taken the two nuts outside the cage she hopped inside to attack the "mountain" I had put in there. Yay!! I ran to the cage and dropped the door before she knew what was happening, mind you this little manoevre did take about two hours in total & it was freezing cold too Rolling Eyes .........
So I am elated and on cloud 9 at the moment. The two of them are chatting away as usual in their flight again and she hasn't come anywhere near the safety porch since going back in! lol!
I love happy endings so perhaps this new year might be a good one - about time I had one of those rub hands
To top the lot I've just heard I've won a birdy photo comp. as well jiggle jiggle
Back to top Go down
http://www.mkb-birds.co.uk
Anonymous

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Thank goodness all ended well! I know how frightened you were. I've had one bird get out not once but twice! Goofy boy.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Carol

Female
Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-11-15

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:02 pm

I love happy endings too.
Jimmy got away on me once and I tried to come to terms of never finding him when he out of no where tried to land on me.

So glad you got her back :love:
Back to top Go down
Piper38
Laurie
My wonderful Day! Stars1
Piper38

Female
Number of posts : 2069
Registration date : 2008-10-18

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:09 am

Oh good grief!!!! that would make my heart stop No so sorry you had to endure that..isnt funny! here we are experienced at what we do & then ONE TIME! we forget one of the most important things, I cant count the times I came CLOSE! so close to losing a bird, but thnak god I have always had chantell near by to intercept..makes you get sick all over..Im just grateful the day turned out a happy one! I bet you felt like a wet noodle from all the adrenaline rushing & then draining out of ya lol..poor mue you deserve a some flowers but since im so far away they are virtual flowers Flowers
Back to top Go down
http://www.birdparadiseforum.com
Firebird
Deb
My wonderful Day! Stars1
Firebird

Female
Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-10-18

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:10 pm

Oh Mue I'm so glad you managed to catch her, you must have been worried to death. I will make sure I give you an extra special hug tomorrow when I see you Birdlove
Back to top Go down
George
George
My wonderful Day! Stars1
George

Female
Number of posts : 1228
Registration date : 2008-10-29

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Oh no! Gosh I bet that was a nightmare in this cold weather! Ivy's got out on... eeeerrrrhhh... quite a few occasions (she IS houdini) but luckily, her stomachs bigger than her brain and she comes straight back when she spots a cracker in my hand. Scares the bejesus out of me every time though!
Back to top Go down
Tel
Chick
Tel

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-01-10

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:21 pm

oh wow im so glad you got her back jiggle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My wonderful Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My wonderful Day!   My wonderful Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wonderful Day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bird Paradise :: Guest Nest :: Bird Talk-
Jump to: